Saturday, November 28, 2020

Back to the Blog

 Here I am in late 2020, wondering what has happened in the last few years.

My previous Blog, also called Karebout Thoughts, was not touched all that time and, like everything in the tech world, became inaccessible.  The link to it is https://kareabout.blogspot.com/ if anyone wants to go back and see what I was doing before mid-July 2017. (The original blog before 2011 was Kareabou Thoughts and I can't even find that on Google!)

In the past 3 years, we have moved from our home of 17 years and downsized to a house that was built the year we were married.  As you might imagine, a 36 year old house has a lot of things that you don't see on the surface when you are looking in a hot real estate market! But it had a lot of things that were on our list of needs and wants:  not too big but still room for the adult kids to visit, a smaller yard, laundry room on the main floor, potentially a fireplace, level entry. My husband has been discouraged by sloppy workmanship in the previous owner's upgrades. We had to do rewiring and replumbing to move the laundry machines upstairs, and nothing else we have had to do has been easy.

We actually haven't been in this house for three years straight, because I was away from home for 11 months.  I think I will post a couple of other Christmas letters to bring 2017, 2018, and 2019 up to date. The short story is that I was admitted to hospital three times in 2018, and the third time in Vancouver, I had a double lung transplant and between waiting, recovery, rehab, and getting stable, I was away from home for 11 months. I could barely find anything when we returned home in August 2019.

That may be enough for now, a reintroduction of sorts. "Be calm, be kind, be safe," as Dr. Bonnie Henry says.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2019 In Review

 Or, The Adventures of 2018 continued: Merry Christmas!   Happy New Year! This year was a tough one, with a lot of lessons learned.   But ...